Friday, November 9, 2012

Hymn Bird

When I was at Garden Hills Baptist Church, they were getting new hymnals. So, they were giving away the old, faded ones. I was thrilled to get one! It contained familiar songs I have sung since I was a child.

In held onto this sentimental book from the years l was first married for over 20 years! I always thought I would craft something with the music filled pages. And one day I saw a bedazzled paper bird ornament on a Christmas tree at a store, and I immediately knew that was why I was going to create with my old hymnal.

Here it is in it's stages of production:
Adhering the hymn pages onto card stock with spray adhesive,
Tracing and cutting out the shape and hot gluing 2 pieces (twisted together) of pipe cleaner,
Adorning with bow, bauble and acrylic stones, and
The finished product with "To and From, Merry Christmas" written on back...







No comments:

Post a Comment