Thursday, May 24, 2012

Gag Me with a Spoon

Lying in bed this morning, I took a normal breath and realized something was wrong! My tween was smelling up the entire upstairs with a Bath & BW spray that instantly gives me a headache. I quickly covered my face with the sheets to protect myself from a migraine reaction. But my anger raged beneath the covers.

She has been told not to spray that stuff near me or like a deodorizer in her room, next to ours. She is old enough to remember a warning like that!

It is an improvement that she cares about her personal hygiene. So while angry and breathing thru the bed linens, I think of things with which to be thankful about her. And my negative emotion subsides. I come up for air and realize the purple cloud has dissipated, so I get up.

Once I get into my morning routine, I soon forget how rudely it had started.

Later, with coffee in hand and iPad on my lap, I'm grateful I didn't have to take an Exedrin Migraine with breakfast!

And that purple bottle of stinky stuff is going into the trash before there is another incident. Plus I'm going to have to open her bedroom window and run the fan to send the rest of the poison outside, gag me with a spoon!

Note: Do you get headaches from ordinary smells that don't seem to bother others? You too may have a chemical sensitivity.
http://www.multiplechemicalsensitivity.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment